Welcome to Prosperity UK, a conference bringing together leading policy makers, politicians, academics and businesspeople to chart the course for the United Kingdom once it departs from the European Union.
The UK Government has committed to commence the exit process no later than 31 March 2017. The conference aims to both inform the media and public on the issues facing the country and to generate ideas for the government on how best to negotiate our departure.
The conference will examine technical issues in detail and aims to create a positive global vision for the country across a number of vital areas including Trade, Financial Services, Industrial strategy, and Universities.
The conference is intentionally independent and is based on a spirit of mutual understanding, international co-operation and collaboration.
There will be a number of keynote speeches from political leaders and global experts in their fields, accompanied by detailed discussion streams on specific sectors. Research and speech texts will be published on the Speeches, Articles and Research section.
Questions the conference will consider are:
- The best potential exit agreement with the EU
- The potential for free trade agreements with the EU and the rest of the world
- The World Trade Organisation rules and implementation
- The best deal for the City and financial services
- The future of academic co-operation and research
- Building a knowledge based economy
- Industrial strategy and advanced manufacturing
- Rebalancing the economy and reducing the UK’s dependence on financial services
The Prosperity UK Conference took place on Wednesday 26 April. Videos/audio of the conference keynotes and panels are available to view here.
Elizabeth Corley CBE
Allianz Global Investors
Sir Adrian Montague
UK Ambassador to the WTO
Chairman and CEO
Helena Morrisey CBE
Sir Lockwood Smith
Former High Commissioner
Sir Charlie Mayfield
The John Lewis Partnership
Baroness Manningham-Buller LG, DCB
The Wellcome Trust
Professor Louise Richardson
University of Oxford